Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Robin Givhan, Michelle Obama's clothing choices

Robin Givhan is a Pulitzer prize winning fashion editor for the Washington Post. I wish I had been available for her Q & A today regarding Michelle Obama's clothing choices. I read most of them and must disagree with most of her answers. I posted this comment:

I wrote:
I think Michelle Obama is a beautiful, classy woman. Her designers should take this into consideration when “dressing” her. Her yellow/gold outfit was stunning for the swearing in, but what a fashion faux pas those green gloves were. (I gasped the second I saw them.) Green shoes would have been as big of a fashion faux pas (I didn’t happen to see her shoes).

The white dress was also beautiful, but not for Mrs. Obama. I’m in the custom window treatment business. It is my job to help match the style of a curtain to the style of a person. I would never recommend a Priscilla curtain for someone whose style would be the clean lines of a traditional Roman shade. This is what happened to Mrs. Obama. She wore a “Priscilla” instead of a “Roman shade”. And I agree she should not have had to worry about tripping over her dress or about her husband dancing on it (which he did) – train or no train.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/community/mypost/index.html?newspaperUserId=LydiaBlogg&plckUserId=LydiaBlogg

No comments: