Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bonnie Hunt show - January 8th Coffee

I am becoming more and more of a germaphobic these days! I can not get one of the subjects that Bonnie was talking about on the January 8th show, out of my mind; it is still disturbing me. She said she takes the top off her store-bought coffee and rinses (with hot coffee) the part of the lid that you drink from. She talked about how annoying it is that those coffee-shop employees stink up the place with perfumes and use perfumed hand creams. I had never before thought about how the lid got onto the coffee cup and that the employee's hands would be placed completely over my lid! (I'm in the sticks and use the drive-through so I don't see those hands completely enveloping my coffee lid.) Now I have one more thing to be germaphobic about. Thanks a lot Bonnie.

I have a good fix, though. I'm going to keep disposable, washed coffee cup covers in all sizes, in my car in a Ziploc-type bag. I'll take off the cover from the new coffee, keep that one to wash for the next coffee, and put a new, clean one from my bag! Wa-la!

No comments: