Monday, January 26, 2009

2009 SAG award best and worst dressed


I decided a long time ago that I would try to keep my blogs towards the positive side. This is an impossible thing to do today after checking out the SAG award photos. Lots and lots of "worst dressed", in fact, too many to mention...I stopped keeping track after finding 9 hideous gowns in just a couple of minutes.

Of the photos I found, I think Ann Hathaway and Penelope Cruz tied for having the classiest dresses while Marcia Cross and Teri Hatcher (and maybe Paula Abdul) tied for the most hideous (I haven't seen all the photos yet, so I could be wrong).

Tina Fey looked lovely in a short dress with coordinating shoes and purse. Thanks Tina, for not committing a fashion crime with your shoes and purse (shoes and purses should disappear rather than jump out).

...and when is someone going to stand up to and tell these designers that women are not supposed to need to lift their dresses when walking to avoid tripping over them? Naturally, it is a great way to sell more dresses. It would be much too obvious that we are wearing last years model if the hem is too short. I've included a picture (above on the left) of myself taken last year at a party in a gown that is the proper length. As you can see, it just hits my instep. I refuse to give in to their marketing ploy...you'll continue to see me in this length gown!

No comments: