Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dark Shadows

The news that Dark Shadows will soon be re-made with Johnny Depp, caused me to search my Dark Shadows memory bank. I can almost picture myself running home from school, arriving just in time to hear the opening theme song. I was addicted -- addicted to all of the afternoon soap operas. Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I can't recall specific episodes. I would love to re-watch all of them. At least that is what I thought before I found a website that notes there were 1245 episodes! Yikes!

Finding out that this aired from 1966 to 1971, made me realize that I was not even a teenager when it started. Heck, I wasn't even into double digits yet. Both my parents worked, otherwise, I can't quite imagine parents, especially in those days, allowing such a young child to watch a show like that with vampires. I'm surprised I never had vampire nightmares!

It is nice to see that Jonathan Frid, aka Barnabas Collins, is alive and well in Canada at www.jonathanfrid.com.

I just found that Kate Jackson was on Dark Shadows. Now that was a big surprise.

If any of you are interested, I found the complete series here for $199.95. This one notes that there are "only" 1225 episodes. I'll have to keep my eyes open on eBay for used ones.

No comments: