Friday, October 2, 2009

Beware of Hidden Ingredient - Splenda / Sucralose

A disturbing fact about Splenda. Several items I'm buying lately contain sucralose, which of course is Splenda, an artifical sweetener. What I'm concerned about are two things. One that it is more or less "hidden" in the incredients list - you know those so-small-you-need-a-magnifying-glass-to-see-them ingredients.
And two, I'm very concerned that parents might be UNKNOWINGLY feeding it to their children. Please beware, if not for yourself, at least for your children's sake. Please check those indredients.

I recently purchased chocolate covered almonds and a high-protein drink that both contained sucralose. I was shocked to see sucralose in the ingredients, since NOTHING whatsoever on the front suggested the addition of any artificial sweetener. Somehow I thought any addition of artifcial sweetener needed to be noted on the front. I thought wrong.

No comments: