Thursday, October 22, 2009

And Speaking of Fire Victims - Joel Sonnenberg

I think of Joel Sonnenberg each and every time I go through a New Hampshire toll booth. Joel was 22 months old when the car he was in was rear-ended, resulting in the car being enveloped in fire. Joel was burned from head to toe and grew up without toes or fingers.

I happened to see Joel on an episode of Sue Thomas FBEye (a show loosly based on a true story) and decided to find out more about him. It was disturbing to learn his burns were caused at a New Hampshire toll booth.

Thinking of Joel and how he overcame so many obstacles gives me confidence and helps keep me optimistic. Thanks Joel for being you!

His book is "The Inspiring Story of a Miracle Named Joel" and his website is www.joelsonnenberg.com

No comments: