Thursday, July 16, 2009

2009 Emmy Nominations - and the winner is......

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Jon Cryer (Alan Harper) wins my vote, as much as I love "Barney Stinson", I think I love "Alan Harper" more. I think I've seen each and every episode of Two and a Half Men at least three times. Every time I watch the show, I just shake my head in amazement at the things Jon Cryer has had to do. What a good sport! I'm smiling just thinking of some of the episodes...like when he fell off the roof or when he got his (wrong) ear pierced.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - this one is a tougher choice - Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk or Charlie Sheen as Charlie Harper (Sorry Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper, I really do love your show). Even though Two and a Half Men makes me laugh out loud and Monk only makes me laugh, I think the winner of my vote is Tony Shalhoub. It has to be a tough acting job to get into that character (although I think most of us can relate at least a little). It is sad the upcoming season will be the last. Monk will be surely missed!

No comments: