Monday, July 13, 2009

Madoff, Besik ... It's all in a name...

Investing your money with someone by the name of Madoff is as bad as going to a doctor by the name of Besik.

When investing with someone by the name of Madoff, you really must ask yourself -- what has Madoff (pronounced made-off) made off with? That answer, of course, right now is crystal clear. Madeoff plead guilty to stealing billions of dollars of investor's money.

I actually went to a doctor by the name of Besik (pronounced be-sick). Duh!!! He was recommended to me by two people when I moved into a new area. It became clear to me that a doctor by that name could not actually be a good thing. I was sent to him by my OB-GYN with a tachycardia of 116, (my OB-GYN being very concerned) with a recommendation for an EKG. I sat on the table, the doctor came in looking at paperwork, looked up at me and actually said, "you appear to be in good health". I guess the make-up and curling iron make us look healthier?????

I was prompted to write this blog about funny last names, when I saw the name Hollowpeter on the news the other day. I'm not saying anything about that name, except I'm glad it's not mine!

UPDATE: I'm taking a boater safety education course with instructor Mr. Stern (like the back of a boat). We'll see how it goes. (If he had said his name was Mr. SSink, I think I would have walked out.

No comments: