Monday, April 19, 2010

Need Help - Pre-thirteen Using Facebook - What Do You Think?

I could really use some help. I feel like I'm in a "moral" dilema. I've seen people allow their underage children to use OHRV's without required helmets and illegally drive them down public roads. I've seen parents allow kids in a boat without the required life jacket and of course we all know parents who allow their under-twentyone to drink. I'm someone who is immensely annoyed to see adults allowing their children to openly break laws. When is it ok to bend the rules and laws?

I realize we're in an electronic age where everything is done via cell phone or computer. Pretty soon our computers will be brushing our teeth. Here's my dilemma: I've been "friended" by a pre-thirteen-year-old. Do I accept or decline?

I know most of you would say "all the kids are doing it, why not?" or "if the parents allowed it why shouldn't you?" Part of me feels like - oh, just do it and the other part of me feels like I would be condoning something I shouldn't be. What do you think?

No comments: