Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tiger Woods and Ambien

ABC Good Morning America reported this morning that Tiger Woods may have been on Ambien the night/morning of his accident. That would explain it all. Well, not exactly "all". It wouldn't explain any possible mistresses but what it would explain is the odd behavior the night of the accident, especially the "in and out of conscientiousness." I've seen someone on Ambien and it's not good. Someone on Ambien could potentially do ANYTHING and not remember it when they wake up the next day. I know one person who downloaded ringtones to her cell phone after taking it and when her phone rang that tone the next day said, "where did that ringtone come from?" I know someone else who does crazy stuff at night. She has gone into her kitchen in the morning and said, "how did all this stuff get moved around? It's wasn't like that when I went to bed." Another ended up in the hospital with heart-attack-type symptoms that mysteriously disappeared when Ambien was discontinued.

Any sleeping pill that causes blackouts like that can't exactly be real good. If someone is downloading ringtones or rearranging a kitchen, is that really "good" sleep? If I were to take it, my fear would be that I would drive my car and wake up hundreds of miles from my house. Could that be why Tiger left the house? Ambien? If he's smart, it will be his story!

No comments: