Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Health Insurance Reform"

Watching Good Morning America this morning, I saw someone (Sen. Tom Harkin, I think) saying there would soon be a victory on health "insurance" reform. During that segment, someone (by this time I was starting to wake up) also said that Obama and the American public had asked for "health insurance reform" and they would soon be giving it to us (cramming down our throats might probably be more like it). They were also talking about the new government insurance that would be created to compete with insurance companies.

I must be misunderstanding this whole health care reform issue ... I thought we all wanted health care reform which, in itself, should lead to health insurance reform. How can insurance costs be forced down if the health care costs haven't changed? What am I missing? Maybe I'll understand it better if I read all 2,072 pages....

What do you think about "health care reform"?

No comments: